Vein Doctor Tampa – Luis Abraham Mata, MD Is Passionate About Restoring Patients Circulation, Saving Lives and Limbs
Vein Doctor Tampa – Dr. Luis Mata is a board certified vascular surgeon with a passion for changing his patients’ lives for the better by restoring healthy blood circulation, saving lives and limbs.
Dr. Mata is a contributing author of several medical research papers, books and studies in the field of vascular surgery and has expertise in all vein and vascular treatments, from simple varicose vein removal to aneurysm repair.
Education and Training
Board Certified Vascular Surgeon, Dr. Luis Mata earned his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch, and then completed his general surgery residency at the Texas Tech Health Science Center.
Dr. Mata went on to complete a vascular surgery fellowship under Ali AbuRahma, M.D. at WVU Charleston Area Medical Center.
Certifications and Expertise
Dr. Mata is a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon, and has the following certifications as well:
- CLT (Certified Lymphedema Therapist)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- ATLS Instructor (Advanced Trauma Life Support)
- ABLS (Advanced Burn Life Support)
- FCCS (Fundamentals of Critical Care Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- FLS(Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Skills)
Dr. Mata is also a contributing author of several medical research papers, books and studies in the field of vascular surgery.
Awards and Memberships
Throughout his education, Dr. Mata has been awarded several scholarships:
- Carl J. Herzog Scholarship
- Anderson Scholarship
- C.D. Godinez Scholarship
- AmeriCorps National Service Scholarship
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- Ford Family Foundation Scholarship
Dr. Mata’s professional memberships include:
- CLI Global Society
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Southern Vascular Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
With a dedication to his community, Dr. Mata has also enjoyed volunteering for medical fund-raisers throughout the years.
To schedule a Vascular Consultation with board certified vascular surgeon, Luis Abraham Mata, MD here at The Vein and Vascular Institute, give us a call at (813) 377-2773 or fill out the appointment request form below.